Tuesday, March 30, 2010

best location to stay?

I will be going to Memphis for the 1st time and I would like to see Graceland, sun studio, Beal street, zoo,. Where is the best place and location? by the airport, downtown, beal street or is beal street downtown? and is driving to Nashville possiable for a day drive and worth it? Thanks



best location to stay?


Depending on your budget, I would stay downtown. A block or 2 up from Beale St. (which is downtown), you have the Peabody hotel, a Memphis institution. Within a block of that is a Hampton Inn %26amp; Suites, a new Doubletree, Holiday Inn...all within walking distance of Beale, a 20 minute drive to Graceland, 5 minutes to Sun Studios. I would not recommend staying near Graceland. Not the best side of town, nor many decent hotels.



As for a trip to Nashville, plan on a 3.5 hour drive each way. I guess whether or not it is worth it depends on why you are going. If you are going to drive 7 hours round trip for a 5 hour visit, I would say, not worth the effort (although I live in Nashville). Come when you can spend more time.



Good luck, and welcome to Tennessee!!



best location to stay?


Definitely stay away from hotels in the Graceland area. You%26#39;re best bet for what you want to do would be to stay downtown.




I agree! Stay downtown. There are lots of options, but our new favorite is the Marriott Residence Inn downtown. Reasonable rates and a VERY good free breakfast.




I live in Memphis. You are perfectly safe downtown as you would be in any other city, say Chicago. Stay at the Peabody, the Madison or the Hampton. It will be fine and you will enjoy your stay.




A plus of staying downtown is that there is no drinking and driving. And, I walked, alone from the theater to a bar, two blocks away, and had no problem. That%26#39;s why we have cell phones and can always meet someone if you do seperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment