Tuesday, March 30, 2010

hotel with piano or jazz bar

Anyone have suggestions on a Hotel with a nice piano or jazz bar. Looking for a romantic getaway between Christmas %26amp; New Years, probably during the week.



Thanks



hotel with piano or jazz bar


Sorry that your post had not received any responses. I know the Peabody often has a pianist but I am not sure at what times of the day and week. You could probably call and find out. I don%26#39;t know if the Madison has a pianist but again, you could call and find out. I think those two would be your best bets.



hotel with piano or jazz bar


Thanks for the reply.



Maybe I should just look for a hotel with a bar %26amp; music. I remember the old Hyatt off Poplar had a jazz type bar, but I %26#39;m not sure of their new name.



Have you stayed at the Madison?



Thanks again.




The pianist at the Peabody is nothing special. In fact, we make it a point to sit as far away from the piano as possible. During break, the piano transforms to a player...it%26#39;s awful. The bar/restaurant at the Madison is very small. We%26#39;ve only been there a few times, but I haven%26#39;t seen any room for an entertainer.




I believe the Hyatt you%26#39;re talking of is now the Park Vista (Hilton owned)...if memory serves, the piano/bar area is/was Satchmo%26#39;s (you%26#39;d want to double check on that). Memphis not really known for its quiet jazz bars...more ';bluesy';. Peabody does have the occasional piano player in lobby and in its bar area. Another piano bar (though it%26#39;s lively and not a quiet jazz type) is Pat O%26#39;Brien%26#39;s dueling pianists on Beale. If you decide to stay downtown, may want to check to see if Isaac Haye%26#39;s place has jazz the night you are there. :-)




The Park Vista is now the Hilton. I believe after all the renovations, the piano bar is no more. The %26#39;new%26#39; hotel is very nice, however if you are looking for music, you stand a better chance by staying downtown.




Thanks for all the replies.



I was hoping to find a Hotel, resturant %26amp; lounge with nice music all under 1 roof. I would think Memphis would have at least one such place.



The Peabody is not my cup of tea. Way over priced! [Yes I know it%26#39;s history]



According to their website, the Hilton [formerly Park Vista] has a lobby bar.



Thanks for all the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment