Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hauntings In Gatlinburg?

Does anyone know any good haunted storys of the areas in Gatlinburg and would like to share them? Post them here. I might want to visit these haunted places.





Peace and Love





Big D



Hauntings In Gatlinburg?


Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort - This place is haunted by many spirits and/or demons.? Being one of the oldest hotels in Gatlinburg many events have taken place here over time.?





The kitchens on the property - First a man by the name of Alvin worked for the hotel as a cook since the hotel had opened.? Upon his 30th anniversary the owners purchased a gift for him, a new boat.? The first time Alvin took this boat out it sank and he drowned.? There are two kitchens on the property the Holidome (for restaurant) and the Tower (for Banquet facilities).? Alvin is said to haunt both of the kitchens.? Cooks coming in for the early breakfast hours have reported hearing their names whispered, dishes breaking and flying across the kitchen, and faucets turning themselves on and off.? There are many other stories of this hotel.?







First, in room 471, in the summer of 1999, a businessman was out of town staying in this room.? He was walking around the pool (next to this room) for most of the evening and into the night hours.? When the pool closed a maintenance man told him that he would have to leave the pool was closed.? This is the last anyone would see of this gentleman because, the next day when he was supposed to check out and did not, a maid went to the room to check things out.? Upon walking into the room, she found the man had committed suicide with a 357.? He had also left a $3.57 tip on the table.? Many have claimed to see a shadow walking around the pool at night in the windows of the rooms around the pool.? Next, in the early 1980%26#39;s, a boy scout group had rented the entire 7th. Floor of the building.? This is hard to accurately describe, since no one who was working there at the time cares to elaborate on any details from this event, but all that was gathered is that the boy scout leader had apparently gone crazy and killed some of the scouts before being caught.? When the building was closed for the winter one year (Gatlinburg is a tourist town which is really only full for the summer and autumn months) an employee was making rounds through the building and stopped on the 7 th. Floor and heard running and screams he ran to check for intruders only to find nothing, no rooms were rented in the Tower that evening.?







Just curious? Anyone have any others?



Hauntings In Gatlinburg?


Are those questions or statements? I have been to the Holiday Inn Sun Spree, the only thing that was scary were the rooms, they are a little out dated.




I don%26#39;t know of any firsthand, but there is a walking tour of Haunted sites in the city you can take.





And there are several books about hauntings and mysterious happenings in the GSNP / Gatlinburg area. They are available at several shops in town and Sugarlands I think.




BTW, Wench01, good one about the rooms, thats true.




I%26#39;m going to gatlinburg for the first time this new years weekend. My friends and I are staying at the sunspree, but now I%26#39;m all weirded out about it, because of the bad reviews and the haunting rumors. Where did you hear about these stories? Did you confirm any of them with the employees? I hope I have a good time this weekend, I hope the sunspree doesnt scare me away from going to gatlinburg again! Carrie




I%26#39;m going to gatlinburg for the first time this new years weekend. My friends and I are staying at the sunspree, but now I%26#39;m all weirded out about it, because of the bad reviews and the haunting rumors. Where did you hear about these stories? Did you confirm any of them with the employees? I hope I have a good time this weekend, I hope the sunspree doesnt scare me away from going to gatlinburg again! Carrie




I%26#39;ve never heard anything about the Sunspree. However, there was a murder at the Rocky Top Motel awhile back. I saw it on ';City Confidential'; on A%26amp;E. Don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s haunted, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment