Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Are we Town Square suckers?

Hubby bought one of the ';see timeshare'; deals without my knowing it. We are supposed to check in on Oct. 2.


I know we don%26#39;t stay at the resort itself, but are we gonna be in trouble with their hotel choice?


Thanks


Melanie



Are we Town Square suckers?


Some reviews have been bad for that some good. Who is the time share? Someone will respond if you tell them who it is I%26#39;m sure.





Good luck! War Eagle!



Are we Town Square suckers?


Not the brightest bulb in the box I guess its Town Square! Duh!!!!




This past January my husband and I did the vacation tour thing. 3 nights for $99 only catch had to do the tour. The tour is high stress and they do not want you to talk alone and they want you to make your decision right away. We told them we were there for the trip and finished the tour without the purchase and had a nice trip. If you are on a tight budget these trips are nice you just have to remember NO is the ANSWER.




The problem is not with the timeshare while you are making use of it. The problem is NOT being able to rid yourself after you decide that you no longer want it. You are in for ever increasing maint. fees every year! After a while it will cost you more than renting a place in G-burg. Many owners balk on their maint. fees so the ones that do pay end up paying for the deadbeats fees too.For most people timeshares end up as a huge problem because no one wants them. My advise, stay away from any timeshare.




We also did a timeshare ';tour'; several years ago. It was not worth the hastle.



We told the guy upfront that we were not interested one bit and that we only did it to receive the two free nights. He was extremely pleasant throughout the whole tour and we kept telling him we were putting kids through college and we were definitely not interested. But, it was a lovely place for someone who was in the market. But, we were not.



He acted like he totally understood until we got to the end where they sit you down in a room and start to drill you. He actually got angry with us and called over his boss who was very rude. Then they called a third person who kept trying to sell.



I personally do not think it was worth the 2 free nights.



But, people do it all the time and if it does not bother you to be badgered by these people then go for it. I, on the other hand, cannot handle the pressure...




That%26#39;s not my idea of a vacation in Gatlinburg! Powcat you%26#39;re right, getting yelled at and pressured by a timeshare sales is the last thing I want to do with my precious vacation hours.





I did a timeshare tour in Crossville TN when I was a newlywed 20 years ago. We stayed in Crossville doing a two night timeshare freebie, then came to Gatlinburg for a 3 night stay. I was SO glad to get away from that salesman. Never said no thanks so may times and in so many ways LOL





I bought our first cabin three years ago with less than $6,500 down. That%26#39;s a far better investment in my book, plus you own the whole year...not 1/52nd of it. If a timeshare is even just $7,000 a week, think how much they%26#39;re getting for that unit PLUS all the expensive monthly fees that go on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment