Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Granny's at Dollywood

Is the buffet for lunch or breakfast good at Granny%26#39;s and also, is it expensive or not? Is the selection and quality worth the money or am I better off going to Golden Corral with the kids? Are there any places to take the kids like a Chuck E Cheese to play and eat?

Granny's at Dollywood

I am assuming that you are talking about Aunt Granny%26#39;s at Dollywood... If so, the answer is yes, it is good. We have never had the breakfast buffet there, but the lunch/supper is very good. The price is comparable to everything else in a sit down restaurant there. I can%26#39;t remember the price for sure, but I think it is about $8.00-$9.00 per adult for supper. I may be high, but I don%26#39;t think I am low in that figure.

With all that said, I would recommend you go there for one of the nicer meals Dollywood offers.

Enjoy!

Granny's at Dollywood

Thank you for the info. We will try it. We have a coupon that children eat free with a paying adult. We will try the breakfast there. I love biscuits and gravy. Where is the best place for that?


Can%26#39;t help you with breakfast at all. We never arrive until close to lunchtime and just wait for that. Aunt Granny%26#39;s might be your best bet, though. Otherwise, if you have light eaters, you might try the bakery near the entrance of the park. Also, if you like cinnamon bread, get a loaf or two at the grist mill. It%26#39;s on the expensive side, but it sure it good! I figure it like this... On a regular basis, I probably woud not buy it, but for special at Dollywood, I do. Hope this helps.


We will try the cinnamon bread.


We%26#39;ve tried Aunt Granny%26#39;s several time over the years and don%26#39;t see what all the fuss is about over this place. In my families opinion Aunt Granny%26#39;s is a shining example of a very bad buffet. Most of the food seems to be out of a can with a little seasoning to try to cover up. It%26#39;s also very expensive for that kind of food. I%26#39;m not much of a buffet fan but I like Golden Corral a lot better than Granny%26#39;s. While we%26#39;re talking about Dollywood food has anyone had the disgusting pizza they serve there? We ended up taking a few bites and throwing ours away. We pretty much avoid eating at Dollywood. I thought the quality of food at Dixie Stampede wasn%26#39;t much better than Dollywood food either.


I loved Aunt Granny%26#39;s. They have good old fashioned home cooked southern food. Anywhere you eat in Dollywood is going to be more expensive than if you were to eat on the parkway. But if you want a variety in what you want to eat Aunt Granny%26#39;s is the place. I believe when we ate there it was like $22 for my husband and me. Not bad for a buffet. I disagree with coastermeister, I would take Aunt Granny%26#39;s over Golden Coral anyday.


I agree that the food at Dollywood isn%26#39;t fantastic. And you are so right about the pizza!!! But rest assured that when I recommend Aunt Granny%26#39;s, I am comparing it to most every other food choice at Dollywood, not to food %26#39;on the outside.%26#39; With that said, I still like Aunt Granny%26#39;s just fine for a full meal.


That%26#39;s not bad for buffet prices. I have a coupon where my kids can eat free breakfast. After 4pm kids can eat free dinner with a paying adult. I have done a lot of research on coupons. I know where you can buy tickets with cash to Dollywood and you can stay 2 whole days instead of the after 3pm deal. You buy the tickets at a hotel. Anyone who does otherwise has money to flush.


We have just returned from our trip to Dollywood. We enjoyed the food at Granny%26#39;s. It was reasonably priced and we enjoyed the buffet very much. The waitress was very friendly and treated us as though she had known us a long time. We did have a very memorable event happen while in the restaurant. A couple had some very loud and unhappy children. An elderly man became quite upset at them when they proceeded to leave. He threatened the mother of the children. The staff handled this situation with much tact. The security people were quietly informed and shortly after the young couple left the restaurant, the man who threatened was very quiely taken out of the restaurant. It was quite an experience and one that I won%26#39;t forget for a long time. The staff handled everything calmly and other patrons continued on with their meal. I highly recommend Granny%26#39;s at Dollywood. The evening meal was definitely an experience!


Wow! I have NEVER seen anything like that at Dollywood! And I have been there numerous times since we live less than 2 hours away. I have always experienced very friendly people there. As far as amusement parks go, I think Dollywood has the most homey and friendly atmosphere of them all. And I always feel safe there. But things will happen. You saw a very rare incident, I%26#39;m sure.

  • div myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment