Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reivew of our Honeymoon in The Smokies!

My husband and I headed to the Smoky Mountains in TN for our Honeymoom the week of October 24th. Yes, it%26#39;s not the typical tropical paradise honeymoon, but 1 - we live on the Florida Gulf Coast, going to the beach for us is like going to the islands and we can do that any time and 2 - we wanted to do something relatively inexpensive since we are saving for a house. Well, we had a FABULOUS time! It was absolutely beautiful - the weather was the perfect fall, crisp weather and we even had a little snow in the higher elevations while we were there. We went hiking through the park, horseback riding (Walden Creek Stables), explored some of the caverns (Tucklaleechee Caverns), took in a comedy show (Comedy Barn), ate and shopped our way through Gatlinburg and relaxed in the evenings in the hot tub or in front of the fire. All of it was wonderful!!





And our cabin - oh our cabin! It was AMAZING!!! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED (and I stress LOVED) our cabin. We rented through Sunset Cottages (www.sunsetcottage.com) and they were wonderful! I don%26#39;t know if you can tell on the pictures - but it sits on a bluff where the only piece of flat land is the road that runs along side it. There is a valley to either side and some great mountain views. We really do hope to go back next year...even if just for an extended weekend!





I put our Honeymoon pics on Snapfish Sorry if some of them are so dark - I don%26#39;t know why! I thought it was just my monitor at home, but even working on them here all day I thought they were dark. I tried to brighten some of them a little, but since I don%26#39;t really have photo editing software here at work, I had to use what snapfish provides you with (which is next to nothing).





Hope you enjoy the pictures!





http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=1041131135815137/l=66188157/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALBNT%26gt;



Reivew of our Honeymoon in The Smokies!


Fantastic pictures, Kissyfur! I especially like the pictures from your hike. there were many tht I would love to have for a screensaver! I love landscapes...



I%26#39;m glad you had a great time!



Reivew of our Honeymoon in The Smokies!


Kissyfur, so enjoyed your pics. we left Gatlinburg on the 23rd, I can%26#39;t believe you got to see snow in Oct. It was the beginning of a cold snap that weekend.





I don%26#39;t know if it was your first trip to GB or not, but there is no better way to start your marriage. My wife and I honeymooned in GB 28 yrs ago, re-newed our vows 3 yrs ago on our silver anniversary, we have went at least once a year every year and enjoy it more each time.





Start your own tradition...you will be glad you did.




Hey Kissyfur19, where is that ';Blacklight Golf'; located? I don%26#39;t remember seeing that at all on our trip back in June...



It looks neat for an indoor golf place.




Really nice pics and congradulation!





The snow on the tree and your scenic shots were just beautiful!





We are going in January, so I%26#39;m hoping that we will see some too!




Wonderful pictures! Makes me miss Gatlinburg, we just went September. My husband and I went for our honeymoon too 6 years ago and have been every year since. I expect we will continue to go. Maybe on our 25th anniversary we%26#39;ll renew our vows there :) Congratulations!!!!




Thank you all! We had such a wonderful trip and we are talking about going back for our 1st anniversary next year!





As for the blacklight minigolf - it%26#39;s in Gatlinburg, right near the center of town, about a light or two past the Pancake Pantry. I can%26#39;t remember the name of the plaza it%26#39;s in!




I think the black light golf is the one on the hillside behind Reagan Terrace, right in the middle of town. I forget the name.




Hey Kissyfur!! LOVED your photos. You did a great job of capturing your special memories of the trip. My husband and I are going mid December (without kids) and I hope I do as well with my picture taking. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at your pics.... I just can%26#39;t wait to get there!! The scenery in your photos was breathtaking!! Glad yall had a good time!!


  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment