Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Would appreciate your Safe driving ideas for hwys 24/75

I%26#39;m on my way to FL from WI and will spend a night in Murfrees.TN then head on south @ 5am, Sat 11/19. Anything I need to know of and watch for (frost on roads, fog, etc) that are dangerous this time of year? If yes, what%26#39;s the best source on TV and radio to check? Thank you.



Would appreciate your Safe driving ideas for hwys 24/75


Nothing really to worry about this time of year from Murfreesboro to Atlanta and south. You might run into some early AM fog around some of the rivers and on the mountain at Monteagle, TN that can be quite thick on certain mornings but it%26#39;s not the norm. The TN DOT has a web page with up to date road condtions and construction updates you might want to check.



http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/



Would appreciate your Safe driving ideas for hwys 24/75


Yeah other than possible delays due to constant road work through there you should be fine. Just be carefull of trucks on monteagle mtn. and look for ice even though I doubt that ice would be a problem this early in the winter, you never know up there.






Thank you for the tips. I remember the winding road as you mention that is what I was particularly wondering about. I%26#39;ll check the DOT website before I leave.




Here%26#39;s the Georgia DOT site. I would check it before you head out for other construction/info.:





georgia-navigator.com/construction/…georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment