Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cabins...

Cabin or resort?





I am thinking the cabins look very cozy and private :-)





Are they pretty close to everything?





Any suggestions or top picks?



Cabins...


We always stay at Deer Ridge Mountain Resort. It has everything my family wants: heated indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, steamroom, gameroom with pool table, video rental, etc. There is a golf course in the valley down below and hiking/fishing close by in the Greenbrier section of the park. The views are incredible. It%26#39;s not called the ';Best View of the Smokies'; for nothing. It is located about 8 to 9 miles outside Gatlinburg on Highway 321 (in the village of Cobbly Nob). Some people like to stay downtown, but it is too loud for me. We enjoy sitting on the deck and taking in the fantastic view of the Smoky Mountains. It takes very little time to drive into Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge when you want to. My personal opinion is a resort like Deer Ridge gives you the best of both worlds. You have more room than a hotel (like a cabin), but you have a better price with amenities(like a hotel).



Cabins...


I recommend Gatlinburg Falls. Newer cabins, beautifully decorated, close to town.




There are hundreds of cabins in the area and all are different. Some are isolated while others are close to most attractions. You might want to do a search with with the word ';cabin'; on this forum to see some previous posts recommending specific cabins. You would need to look at rental sites to see photos of cabins and narrow down what area you like, how many bedrooms you need, and what amenities you are looking for. There are many rental companies- just do a google search for cabins in Gatlinburg and or Pigeon Forge and it will get you started. Good luck- it%26#39;s an overwhelming process! I would suggest you write down names of cabins and the company or owner along with a few notes of what you liked so you can remember what you like since there are so many to choose from. Good luck and if you want to be more specific about what you are looking for, I think someone on here can answer your questions after you narrow down some choices. Don%26#39;t forget to check the rent by owner cabins too.




There are a few reviews of Cabins and rental companies on this site. Click Gatlinburg Hotels and then click on the ';Other Lodging'; tab.



My wife and I have stayed in cabins and motels. We like both, just depends on the trip and if we are with family or not.



The best review I can give you on a cabin is ';Schonblick'; from Mountain Laurel Chalets. Very romantic cabin with high quality furnishings. Up Ski Mountain Rd at Light #10 in Gatlinburg about 2 miles. It is in the Chalet Village area which I prefer.




Thanks for your suggestions... this probably is a hot topic.



I have stayed at the Sybaris around here and like the privacy of it so I figured a cabin would be nice.



I just hate being stuck in a hotel room with no deck or windows to open and the standard two bed/tv.



It would just be the two of us and I guess I wouldn%26#39;t want the cabin too far away from the main attractions.




You should also consider a stay at a Bed and Breakfast. There are many in the area, and all have something special to offer.




tissie, my wife and I once stayed at Carrs North Side Cottages #8 which was nice and affordable. It is up the East Parkway, which is not too bad a walk to town, but the walk back is uphill, but you can catch the trolly.





The Cabin was very nice, one large room with King, jacuzzi, gas fireplace with sitting area and a full kitchen, balcony over the stream I think it is considered their honeymoon cottage.





Also, the Gatehouse condos are VERY nice. A little more expensive, but nice. Also up the East Parkway.





Good Luck!




tissie, I looked on the web at the Sybaris you were speaking of. I am pretty sure you won%26#39;t find anything like that in Gatlinburg. There are a few cabins that have small indoor pools, I think they are rented by owner on one of the by owner sites.





You can find that type of lodging in the Poconos.





I wish Gatlinburg had something like that, I would rent it for sure!




A friend of mine goes every year with her spouse, her 2 sisters and their spouses, and always stays at the Buckhorn Inn. She says it%26#39;s great for couples, as each can have their individual romantic cabin, and there%26#39;s a main inn that serves a wonderful breakfast (included) and I believe is also open for dinner. I checked it out (it%26#39;s on the lodging list on the left of the Gatlingurg page on Tripadvisor), but it just wouldn%26#39;t work for our very large family group that includes 7 children. It looks like a wonderful place for adults, though.


  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment