Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Question about cabin rental business

Now I have a question about the cabin rental business. Do most of you advertise on a website or through a real estate business or what? also who books these cabins? you the individul owners or someone else? How does this work?



Question about cabin rental business


The method varies from cabin owner to cabin owner. I%26#39;m a new owner (since June) so my cabin is presently managed by a cabin rental company. It is on a website and is rented mostly by people who do searches on the internet and book on-line. The company- Cabins USA- also does it%26#39;s own marketing and sends out brochures through the chamber of commerce and places brochures in the hundreds of brochure stands throughout the area. Cabins USA also has a rental office on the parkway in Pigeon Forge and another in Gatlinburg, so there are some folks who see the sign and go in and rent as a walk in. Cabin management companies charge 40% of your rental income to manage and rent the cabin for you. I am working on getting my own website up and running as additional advertisement and also I would be able to showcase my own cabin on my site and use more photos, etc. I%26#39;m considering ';renting by owner'; for the future once I have some experience with owning a cabin. There are several owners who rent themselves and can answer questions about that process. Hope that helps answer some of your questions. Most of the owners who post on this site are trying not to be perceived as ';advertising'; our own cabins, so it%26#39;s hard to answer some questions without getting the post deleted.



Question about cabin rental business


Thank you both ! ! you have been informative and very helpful!







gatlinburglover



Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment