Tuesday, December 13, 2011

pick a secret hideaway cabins and get screwed!

I called this company about renting a cabin for a few days during Christmas. A lady named Catherine booked me for a cabin and within two minutes she called back and said sorry that one was already booked. So then I booked another one with them. They charged it to my card and we were looking forward to our trip. Well 2 days later I just recieved a message and I called them back just to learn this cabit also had been rented. She said sorry but they would do nothing to try to make it right with us because they had no trouble renting their cabins. They even processed my credit card. Well if you want to get this kind of service just book them for your great family vacation!



pick a secret hideaway cabins and get screwed!


What a horrible experience. Apparently they don%26#39;t have a very good renting system.



We rented through Jackson Mountain Homes.



Just returned last Tuesday. It was a beautiful 4 bedroom cabin called Overlook Lodge and was even nicer than the pictures showed.



pick a secret hideaway cabins and get screwed!


They obviously don%26#39;t have a good reservation system. But I did get us a very nice cabin from Kimble Rentals.




sorry to hear about your bad experience we have just returned from pigeon forge having spent five glorious days in a cabin booked from england we had no problems and the service was excellent very helpful the cabin was absolute high booked with the sugarmaple cabins and we wre on an absolute high all week i can recommend the company and have no complaints and i am hard to please!!! hope you get things sorted




nite66,





We have rented from Kimble before and we were very happy. Hope you and your family have a nice trip.




I own a cabin that used to be on the Kimble rentals program, but since we prefer to work directly with our guests we didn%26#39;t leave it on their program. My story is the opposite of what happened to nite66 and personally, I believe when you deal with the owner you%26#39;ll get the most satisfaction. At least, that%26#39;s what I strive for!





Our cabin on Wilderness Plateau--amidst all the other Kimble properties LOL--is booked for this coming Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat. Last week, the guest called to see if they could stay an extra night. I said, why sure...I had just had someone cancel that Sunday, which made it available for them (how perfect, I thought!)





90 minutes later I realized I%26#39;d made a pretty big mistake. GrandView was already rented for Sun/Mon/Tues. It was my other cabin that was open for that Sunday! I emailed her back that instant, but soon discovered that she had already changed her boyfriend%26#39;s flight plans (at a cost of another $100) so they could stay over Sunday. Talk about feeling about an inch tall.





I told her I was very sorry and the only thing I could do was let her move over to the other cabin for the night. It took some doing because I had to coordinate two housecleanings (both had checkouts that day) and the guests at Grandview didn%26#39;t want any disruption of their planned Sunday football party and cooking extravaganza. After a phone call or two, I got everything straightened out and I am only praying it goes smoothly and they like my other cabin as well as GrandView. I sure don%26#39;t want a negative review on my online guestbook.





Since I only have two cabins, I have much more at stake than a reservation desk employee at a rental company with dozens of cabins. If I made two mistakes in a row, I%26#39;d sure do something for my guest. I send $25 Texas Roadhouse giftcards to guests for special circumstances like that. It%26#39;s just the right thing to do.





Sorry to hear of your frustrations, nite66. I thought I was bad! In 3 years of ownership, this is my first mix-up like this. Most property managers have sophisticated and expensive software programs that manage every detail of the rental process. Something seems odd that they would have confusion like that. Definitely go somewhere else for your Christmas rental.




I was not mad a bit when they called me the first time and said they had made a mistake. They (at A Secret Hideaway) told me they had another cabin so I said ok and took it. TWO days later I get a message saying you are going to think we are a bunch of dummies here but that cabin too is not available. They were holding one other that was available. At that point I was not really that interested in taking another chance on that company. I never got ugly with her just frustrated because she had already processed my credit card. The tone she used was one of we can get the money so we don%26#39;t care if you are put out or not. People do make mistakes but I don%26#39;t want to rent from a place who is JUST in it for the money. I would hope that my 700.00 for 3 nights would be a little important to them than just getting the bucks




Thats just plain nuts!




Nite66, we never rent from the companies. We get wonderful deals with private owner companies. They take such pride in their cabins and believe me it shows. Save yourself alot of worries and call Julie and Jay at All Seasons Cabins. We just got back last night from our second vacation with them. They have 2 unbelieveable cabins 5 minutes from the Pigeon Forge Parkway in the woods and one more secluded in the mountains above Dollywood. One flat rate plus tax. None of those tack on fees big companies charge you. These cabins are beautiful. We have stayed in Peek a Boo and Sweet Dreams. Wood cabins with hardwood floors with hot tub on deck. Jaccuzi by the king bed, pool table, Wood burning fire place, (wood provided),W/D, fully stocked kitchen, BBQ grill. So clean and shiny you could eat off the floor. They clean and maintain their cabins themselves. You won%26#39;t be sorry. Check out their website and see for yourself(www.allseasonscabins.com). They even have discounts available to the already steal of a price. Tell Julie that Betty from Bama recommended them. We will never forget our wonderful times spent at these cabins and look forward to returning.




I%26#39;ve had really good luck with a company call Smoky Dream, out of Cosby. Check theier website at www.smokydreams.com Good luck, and enjoy the beauty of the area, and, HAVE FUN!!!




Nite66, I am very glad that you found a cabin here with us at Kimble Rentals. We try our very best to please our customers and we feel we have great relationships with our customers. We do have one of the highest repeat customer levels in town. We honestly want to be of service and provide our guests with a wonderful Smoky Mountain Memeory!

No comments:

Post a Comment