Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Coming to Nashville for a Predators game help........

I was looking for some help, I am in the process of planning a trip to Nashville on Dec 2 - 4 when the Philadelphia Flyers play the Predators... any help on where to stay and where to go would be helpful. I am 28 yrs old, I enjoy cool bars and restaurants. I am coming with my Girlfriend... anyhelp would be great

Coming to Nashville for a Predators game help........

The Holiday Inn Express on Broadway is a short walk to Gaylord Entertainment Center and the bars on Broadway. Hotel is clean and not too expensive, and has on site parking. Great fun if you like Country Music and people watching. Also good restaurants in the area as well.

Coming to Nashville for a Predators game help........

Another perk about the Holiday Inn Express on Broadway is free parking. That%26#39;s hard to find in Nashville hotels.


I like the Hilton, which is right next to the Gaylord Entertainment Center, where the Preds play. Right across the street from the honkey-tonks on Broadway, and a very short walk from bars and restaurants on 2nd Avenue.

I%26#39;ve said this a few times in other posts to this forum... If you want some cool bars, try the ones on Demonbreun St. It%26#39;s a short cab ride from the Hilton. I always recommend the Demonbreun area for people your age, because the people there tend to be in the 24-40-ish age crowd. 2nd Avenue, while fun, just makes me feel like an old geezer, and I%26#39;m 30 years old. The 18-22 crowd tends to flock there at night.

Don%26#39;t know what price range you want as far as restaurants go, or what type of food you like, but Nashville is chock full of cool restaurants. I think you might like some of the restaurants/bars in an area called Hillsboro Village near Vanderbilt University. Some of my favorite restaurants here are Pancake Pantry for breakfast, Bosco%26#39;s (a microbrewery) for beer and delicious wood-fired oven pizzas, and Sam%26#39;s, a fun sports bar. Sunset Grill, a highly lauded restaurant, is also here. Closer to Broadway, there%26#39;s Big River Brewery, Bailey%26#39;s Sports Bar, Rippy%26#39;s, the Old Spaghetti Factory, and several others.

I hope this helps at least a little. Have fun on your trip to Nashville!


The Hilton is probably more expensive, but definitely the best place to stay as far as location if you%26#39;re going to the Predators game and want to go out to some bars in the area.

The honky tonks really are fun, even if you don%26#39;t like country music. You will see all ages and they don%26#39;t have cover charges so you can walk in each of them to see which is most fun. Tootsie%26#39;s is by far the most popular. They usually have 2 bands playing, the one in the back will typically be more of a blend of country and fun cover songs and usually has a younger crowd. The Stage also tends to have a younger crowd. By younger I mean mid to late 20%26#39;s. Anyway, the honky tonks are a must do in Nashville in my opinion. When my friends from Chicago and Ohio come in that is where they want to go.

Other fun places are: South Street (good casual, fun restaurant/bar off of Division and Broadway), Broadway Brewhouse, Red Door. These 3 are all within walking distance of each other and are more laid back that the Demonbreun scene, but very close to that as well. Demonbreun has 4 or so bars and then some restaurants too. Otters is a great late night food place.


We are coming to Nashville the week of Thanksgiving and we will also be attending a Predators game on Thanksgiving night.

I just booked the Holiday Inn Express because the reviews were decent and the price was right. I%26#39;m not familiar with the city, but it seems like it%26#39;s in a great location. Hopefully I made the right decision!

  • gray hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment