Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Where in Murfreesboro should I live?

Greetings,





I am looking to relocate to Nashville, and based on some research it looks like this is a nice area in my price range.





Question is where in this city is the best? I keep seeing homes for sale stating ';north'; or ';west.';





Which subarea is the best in the $150,000 for a 3/2 range? Looking for family oriented, best schools, etc.,





Thanks in advance.



Where in Murfreesboro should I live?


Based on the content of your post, I%26#39;m not sure if you%26#39;re wanting to know about Murfreesboro or Nashville... maybe both! Here is a link to another thread where I posted some information about Murfreesboro. Hope this helps!





tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g55229-i154-k30889…



Where in Murfreesboro should I live?


Thanks so much for the info. I had read that already and realized that murfressboro is a great place to live in Nashville. I was just confused in where in this town was the best place to live. In Georgia, Marietta is a nice city, but you want to live in East Marietta vs another part of Marietta.



I hope I explained myself.



Thanks




Well, Murfreesboro is actually not a section of Nashville. It%26#39;s a separate and distinct large town 30 minutes southeast of Nashville with a population of about 80,000. Nashville has a lot of what I would call suburbs, like Madison, Antioch, Bellevue, etc., but Murfreesboro is a town unto itself.





Now, knowing this, if you%26#39;re still interested in moving to Murfreesboro, there are several areas of town that are good places to live. If you%26#39;re looking in the $150k for a 3br/2ba range, I would suggest the Cason Lane or Blackman areas. There are literally hundreds, maybe thousands of houses in these areas. I have a client who lives in this area, and her home just appraised at $154k for a 3br, 2 1/2 bath. The only downside is that this is an extremely congested area. People want to live there b/c it%26#39;s so close to Interstate 24, which takes you to Nashville. There are several new schools out there, and I%26#39;m sure more will be built in the future. It%26#39;s easily the fastest-growing residential area in town.





I would also recommend looking at some of the new subdivisions being built in the Barfield/Christiana areas. These areas are on the south side of town and are relatively rural. They are also within easy access of Interstate 24. Frankly, schools in the Cason Lane/Blackman area are a bit better, I think.





If you%26#39;re looking for a home, you might try www.bobparks.com. It%26#39;s a website for a local real estate company, and they list every house that%26#39;s for sale, whether it%26#39;s with their company or not. When you%26#39;re searching, Cason Lane/Blackman is on the West side of town, and Barfield/Christiana is South. The North side of Murfreesboro is very nice, but tends to be a bit pricier.





I%26#39;ll be happy to provide any more info if you need it!




Thanks so much your above post was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the website, it is great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment