Sunday, April 4, 2010

Afraid to drive in snow

I am from Louisiana and my mom is now living in Chatanooga, because she lost everything she owned due to hurricane Katrina. I haven%26#39;t seen her since one week before Kartina destroyed our lives. I want to surprise her with a visit from my kids and I , but I am afraid to drive in the snow. Could anyone tell me if I may have to drive in snow ? I plan to leave the week of Christmas.



Afraid to drive in snow


Don%26#39;t worry about it. Snow is not that common in the area except at higher elevations. We don%26#39;t have snow laying on the ground all winter like they have farther up north. Just check the weather before you leave. Most snows come in January and February and don%26#39;t hang around more than a day or two. There are occasional exceptions when the weather is just right for a big snow but it%26#39;s rare.



Afraid to drive in snow


coastermeister is right.



If it does snow it more than likely will not lay. if it does lay it will more than likely be 1 inch or so and melt in a few hours.



Ice is possible though. watch for signs and drive with caution in areas where ice can accumulate. tdot puts signs up in bad areas like monteagle.




Don%26#39;t worry about snow. If i does snow It%26#39;ll only be an inch, and then it melts. No worries.




if it snows at christmas this year it will be the first white chrsitmas the area has had in 44 years. it would make more sense to plan on going to the lake than to plan on snow contingencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment