Sunday, April 4, 2010

Vacation ideas anyone Introducing myself with questions

Hello everyone!



I have been chatting on the Oahu, Hawaii forum for about the last year! I finally visited Oahu for a week this month and it was beautiful!



Now I am on to my next vacation and I am looking for ideas!



My husband suggested Gatlinburg because it is beautiful and a fun place. However, we are thinking about starting a family here in the near future so I am wondering if I should visit some place big like the United Kingdom, Ireland, Alaska or something like that now or go low key and visit Gatlinburg this time around and save some money and maybe go some place big later. Silly eh! If my hubby is offering to pay for a big trip you think I would jump all over it eh! However, at the same time I think a nice quiet place in America would be pretty nice too.



What do you all think?



Vacation ideas anyone Introducing myself with questions


Never put of to tommmorrow something you can do today!



Vacation ideas anyone Introducing myself with questions


And to finish Laurel Springs advice...



because sometimes tomorrow never arrives!




My two cents,





Take the trip to Gatlinburg, (romantic settings) plan the “BIG” place trip and enjoy your husbands companionship. Who knows maybe the trip could be a Win, Win, Win.




I would love seeing Alaska and Hawaii, as they are part of the U.S. One day I may get there.



But, I do think sometimes we tend to think far off countries are more exciting and we forget about the wonderful places, the Smokies included, that we have in our own country to see.



I think it is the quality time and the people we spend it with that makes the trip. Doesn%26#39;t have to be expensive or 5000 miles away.



I love Gatlinburg, so am a bit biased, but if it were me I would head to the Smoky Mountains.




I too would head to the Smokies. I%26#39;m sure there are alot of beautiful countries to see but I don%26#39;t think you will find a more beautiful place anywhere than Tennessee. I have never really had any desire to go out of the United States because there is so much here that I have not seen and I would never want to live in another state unless maybe North Carolina.




I live in Indiana...don%26#39;t like it. My son lives in San Diego...nice place to visit. I%26#39;ve been to Alaska and was fortunate enough to see bald eagles and moose in the wild. But I%26#39;ve been to the Smokies at least a dozen times and that is where I want to live and die. It has nothing to do with Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge...although those are nice diversions once in a while;-)




Thanks for all your responses!



I agree with you that I think it is who you are with and what you make of the trip that makes the place worth while and not the fact that is far away, etc. Like I just got back from Hawaii and dreamed of going there because of I have heard about it and all the ';ideas'; of it... but that is just it, you get all these ';ideas'; of how things will be and how paradise should be and all that but truly I could have been in Florida and probably wouldn%26#39;t have known the difference! Don%26#39;t get me wrong it is a beautiful and laid back place but I don%26#39;t think I will be one of those people that has to keep going back there...



I think things are generally built up to be more than they really are... like I have loved the idea of going to Scotland and seeing the castles and such and then my husband puts it in perspective as it is just a bunch of old buildings and pubs. So that took the thrill out of it for me. I have watched Braveheart and read to many scottish romances I guess! :-)




Tissie, if you have a chance to go to Europe, do it now! I was like your husband once upon a time - I only dreamed of going to Hawaii, and my husband dreamed of seeing Europe. My thought was, ';just a bunch of old buildings';.





Well, I haven%26#39;t made it to Hawaii, and really have no desire to go now that we live in Fl. But we try to go to Europe every year or two, and I just can%26#39;t get enough of it. The experiences will broaden your mind, enrich your outlook on the world, give you a different perspective on your own country, and be more exciting than you can imagine. To be able to go when you%26#39;re still young would be awesome! If you put it off, you%26#39;ll probably have to wait until children are grown and gone before you could afford something like that.





Don%26#39;t get me wrong, the Smokies are indeed gorgeous, and in fact, we%26#39;re planning a trip for our whole family there next year. But that%26#39;s the point - you can always go there when you have children, a great place for families. But Europe? Go now.





Start reading some of the TA forums, such as United Kingdom, France, Italy, and see how easily it can be done on your own. England is a great start for newbies to Europe, due to the ease of langage there. We went to London in Sept. and had a blast - so much history, beautiful gardens, castles, pubs, and wonderful people. Think about it, please. Travel the world while your legs are still good!




Thanks flahagan!





Yes my legs are still young although sometimes they don%26#39;t feel it!



I totally understand what you mean about getting away to places like Europe now!





What do you think about a tour of England and Londond together in a week? Or is that too much?




Tissie,



We spent 6 nights in London, took a daytrip by coach to Warwick Castle, Oxford, and Stratford-on-Avon, then went by train to Hampton Court Palace, all in that 6 days. To do a full tour of England plus London you%26#39;d probably need 2 weeks. Check out the London forum - I posted a trip review there, as well as the website to see the trip photos. Just type flahagan in the search, and it should bring up all my posts. You%26#39;ll have fun just perusing the different posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment