Friday, April 9, 2010

Weather during Thanksgiving, Nov. 22-26.

I just looked at the 10 day forecast and it said that there are going to be snow showers down in Gatlinburg on the night we are leaving (Tues the 22nd) and I am really concerned. We live in Indiana and we are supposed to get snow showers that night here too, but I didn%26#39;t think about getting them that early down further south. I am concerned because the cabin we are renting is up in the mountains and it says that it winter, with the snow, that you need 4 WD, or chains and we don%26#39;t have either one!! Should I be worried?? I am already concerned about bears! I guess I am just worried...I am VERY excited too, but just concerned I guess.





Thanks in advance for any info.





This is my first time posting on here too! There is a lot of good information on this site.



Weather during Thanksgiving, Nov. 22-26.


You should be fine. You can never tell but we will get there Tue night also. Not worried about it. Maybe mt man can help with this one?



Weather during Thanksgiving, Nov. 22-26.


If anybody can get a 10 day forecast right, they need to be a %26#39;player%26#39; in Las Vegas!





#1 BEARS you wont see any unless you disturb them in their rest.





#2 Gatlinburg gets snow (and already has) in the higher elevations. The snow you normally get in the town area is little accumlation and melts by noon the next day. I will say, that if your desination is up, ie: Ski Mt etc and you get snow, you might need 4WD or chains. Does not happen often.





This is not Colorado, Buffalo or Michigan. Think about your vacation and stop worrying about the weather. I have spent many years flying into the area and rarely had a flight delay associated with weather in the winter.





Have a great trip and enjoy it all...don%26#39;t worry.





GBG





You need to keep up the %26#39;excited%26#39; side and pass on the %26#39;worried%26#39; side. You%26#39;ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment