Friday, April 9, 2010

Leaves are Peaking! Couple of questions...

Went to Gatlinburg for the first time. I was really impressed. It reminds me of the White Mountains in New Hampshire.





The leaves were peaking. I understand that New England didn%26#39;t have much of a show this year. Well, the Smokies are just beautiful right now.





We drove to the top of Clingman%26#39;s Dome (scary for me, I%26#39;m afraid of heights) and couldn%26#39;t see anything since there was a cloud sitting on top of it. There was a small patch of snow. We stood our five-year-old in it. She has always lived in Florida so it was her first snow! The other visitors must have thought, ';Look at those crazy Florida people!'; (We just moved to Knoxville, but still have Florida plates!)





Ate at Calhoun%26#39;s in Pigeon Forge for lunch. Thought it was just okay. Stopped at the Happy Days Diner for dinner. Couldn%26#39;t get anyone to wait on us. Food looked slightly overpriced and lackluster, so we left. Ate at Carino%26#39;s in Pigeon Forge, instead. FANTASTIC! I can%26#39;t say enough good things about this restaurant. Apparently, there is one in Knoxville, too. Can%26#39;t wait to go back.





I would like to rent a cabin in Gatlinburg and spent all of yesterday looking for one. Numerous conflicting reports have me confused! Any suggestions?





Also, does the area pretty much close down until April?



Leaves are Peaking! Couple of questions...


I%26#39;ve been impressed with Mountain Rentals...I%26#39;ve rented from them a few times and the prices are reasonable. Check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment