Friday, April 9, 2010

Foothills Mining Company - Need some feedback

Sometimes this board can get a little confusing, some like certain places, some don%26#39;t. Yes, that%26#39;s life huh?





Anyway, I have seen a couple of posters say they like this but haven%26#39;t heard too much about it.





I%26#39;m looking for someplace nice and different then we have been to. One poster said it was great but you never know if its an owner and just talkin it up or what.





Anyone been there and what%26#39;s your opinion!





Thanks



Foothills Mining Company - Need some feedback


I haven%26#39;t been there, but will be going this Friday when my husband and I are in Gatlinburg. I received RAVE reviews on this restaurant from several people from this forum who have been there. They said the food and the service was excellent.



I will do my best to remember to comment on it next week after we get back if you want to remember my screen name and check in when I post...



Foothills Mining Company - Need some feedback


I have never heard of this restaurant, where is it?




I have never heard of it either, so I googled it and came up with a review from a different board:



chowhound.com/south/…23018.html





The person who wrote the review loved the place.




It is actually Foothills Milling Company...(not Mining)


Here is their website..


http://foothillsmillingcompany.com/



They have a menu on there and it is a bit pricey.


Plus I am not a gourmet kind of gal so some of their menu is a bit too fancy for me.


Give me a good Prime Rib anytime...haha..




I was a little concerned about the %26#39;gourmet%26#39; part about the restaurant myself. But it came so highly recommended that I decided to try it. so my husband and I will be there this Friday. I%26#39;ll know soon enough and share my thoughts when we get back.



Also, I had about decided to eat at Maxwell%26#39;s on Saturday, but am now considering Cherokee with all the great posts on it. Anyone have any feedback on Maxwell%26#39;s verses Cherokee? The fireplace at Cherokee sound inviting, but I don%26#39;t know how likely we would be at getting a table near it. Any feedback on that possibility, as well?



Thanks!




FYI, Maxwells also has a fireplace.




Thanks for the info, I will look forward to reading your review,





Thanks to the poster for the site!





We are not gourmet either, but my husband doesn%26#39;t always like to go to the same places.





We have been to Maxwells and it was really nice!





I haven%26#39;t been to Cherokee and am thinking I will try that also in Jan!





Thanks and don%26#39;t forget to post when you get home!




Boy, I just looked at the menu,





I don%26#39;t think the husband is going to go for that.





He is not a seafood eater of any kind and I think he may think its too fou fou for him.





I personally would be great but, well, I%26#39;ll be anxious to read your review!

No comments:

Post a Comment