Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jet Skis/Boat rentals, etc.

Where can you go to do these activities and can you rent the equipment?



This sounds like fun.



Jet Skis/Boat rentals, etc.


The big thing around here is Kayaking or tubing, there are several places to rent kayaks and you see them all throughout the summer along river road on the boundry of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. There are several tubing outfits in Townsend near the Cades Cove entrance to the Smokies.


You may be able to rent boats and jet skis on Douglas Lake.



Jet Skis/Boat rentals, etc.


What exactly is tubing?




You get in this black inflatable round thing called a tube and go down the river.Ever hear of a lazy river ride?It is fun.




Oh I see... I thought that is what you meant but wasn%26#39;t sure if someone was pulling you or not... like a boat... you mean just tubing freely down the river. Sounds fun!




How do you get back up the river to where you started :-)





?




You can rent boats in NC along the Nantahala river. They have jet boats!!!




Walk back or have someone pick you up. If you have two cars in your party you can park one at the launch point and the other at the end point. Be sure to wear some old sneakers or your feet will get shredded by the rocks. Any rock that is underwater or damp will be very slick so be careful. If you tube the upper portion of Little River be aware of the waterfall at the Sinks and get out and walk around.




Well it will be just me and my husband and unfamilar with the area... sounds a bit scary :-)





or rather adventerous!




So this is something you do on your own ';tubing';... they don%26#39;t have a group you go with?





I think I am more interested in jet skis and such than boats. I don%26#39;t know how well I could drive one :-)




The jet boats are big. I dont think you drive them. I think there is a guide that takes you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment