Sunday, April 4, 2010

Another survey...or I'd like your opinions.

If you like candles, what is your favorite?





Do you buy candles when visiting the %26#39;Smokies%26#39;?





What%26#39;s your favorite scent?





There%26#39;s a method to this madness and I will share with you after I get responses.





What%26#39;s your favorite gift-type store that you make purchases to take home?





We determined earlier that food (especially fudge was a big item) now we%26#39;re talking non-food.





Thanks



GBG



Another survey...or I'd like your opinions.


Hey Gburggal,



You must be up to something...now it%26#39;s candles LOL I love candles and especially clean, fresh scents that remind me of the outdoors. However, a good Apples and Cinnamon (or baked apple pie YUM) is a fun choice in the fall and winter.





Now you%26#39;ve got me wondering what you%26#39;re up to! I%26#39;m curious what types of candles everybody else likes.



Another survey...or I'd like your opinions.


I love candles and my house is usually full of them. My favorite is apples and cinnamon or vanilla. I also like butterscotch. I do buy candies when I am in town. I buy the peppermint sticks, rock candy on sticks, and of course fudge. My favorite kind of candy is peanut butter m%26amp;m%26#39;a. I am addicted to those things. Now tell us what you are up to please. My curiosity is killing me.




I love the food smelling ones like apple pie, butterscotch, vanilla. My favorite fudge is divinity. Are there fudge stores in Gatlinburg? We%26#39;re taking our first trip next May.




My all time favorite scent is Lilac..



I also love the smell of Christmas scented candles...



Yes, I have gotten candles when we have been in Gatlinburg. I love the candle shops there.



I also always visit the Thomas Kincade galleries and buy something small like a nightlight for my bathroom or a refrigerator notepad..



There are soooo many favorite shops that I love to browse through. Don%26#39;t think I could narrow it down..




Yep, I love candles too, as for taking them home, it depends because we usually fly so, depends how much I%26#39;ve overpacked! LOL





I love the food smells(as long as it smells real) Anything apple smells great!





My most favorite is lavender, it smells clean and surprisingly my husband LOVES it.





I visit alot of stores, we found Verbenas las time. It is in the section with the dessert place. It is bath and cosmetics stuff, but they make any scent of shower stuff and moisturizer stuff you want. I bought some verbena shower cream! to die for.



They have a website also!





Of course, we always go to GB alone so a shop with great and interesting kids stuff would be great(Going to Boyds this time!)




Hello - Over the summer I bought a soy candle from a candle shop behind Calhoun%26#39;s. I love it. After the candle burns for a few minutes, you blow it out and pour the hot wax on your hands. It burns cooler that the normal candles, so it does not burn, but feels wonderfully warm and is great for dry skin. I bought cinnamon spice in the half pint jar in July. I am ordering another online because it is now almost gone.





My favorite place to buy gifts are of course the Apple Barn, and some of the stores in the Arts and Craft%26#39;s Community. I used to love A Little Bit of Heaven in Gatlinburg, and I was disappointed when it closed. I did happen to be in town and caught part of the close out sale. I like Johnathan%26#39;s on the parkway too.




I also love candles...actually I need to go shopping for some new ones. I love anything that smells ';baked';....such as pumpkin pie, sugar cookie, maple syrup, etc. I also like lilac %26amp; plumeria, but nothing too flowery. I don%26#39;t think I have ever bought a candle in Gatlinburg. When we went in August, we had our toddler with us so there wasn%26#39;t much looking around going on. Hope this helps!




I love candles. My house is filled with them! In the summer, I like light scents like lilac, linen, flowery scents. In the winter I like food scents like apple cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin spice.





If I can find a good candle shop, I will most definitely buy candles in Gatlinburg.





My favorite gift-type purchases to bring home are Christmas ornaments. Everytime we go on vacation, we buy an ornament for our tree.




I LOVE CANDLES !!!!!



my favorite scents are:





sugar cookie



pumpkin spice



carrot cake



Yankee has one called mistletoe and it is awsome.





you see gburggal I like the fall and christmas Holiday smells.





My favorite gift-type store is the ones that sell the black bears and the cabin stuff at a reasonable price. Now that I will be living there I still like those type of stores. But when I was there last I purchase A LOT of stuff to bring back. I took a room in my house here and made it what we call my cabin room. I filled it with stuff that reminds me of there. But I didn%26#39;t buy any of the expensive stuff. I went to the outlet stores and the discount type stores. I found that in Gatlinburg not all but most of the gift shops where to expensive. And other tourist would talk to us and tell us where the cheap goods were. But thats just my opinion.





gatlinburglover



Vickie




We always look forward to visiting the smoky mountain candy kitchen my husband loves the fudge while my favorite is the carmel apples with nuts. We also enjoy the winery and always take a bottle home with us of the strawberry. I love candles however I never light them (afraid I might start a fire) so I just buy for the scent and pretty. My favorite scents are Apple and Cinnamon



French Vanilla



No comments:

Post a Comment