Friday, April 9, 2010

2 Germans, 1st time in USA - where to stay, eat...

My mother%26#39;s cousin and his wife are coming to the USA for the first time. I am the designated coordinator for our week long trip to Nashville and Memphis. I need major help! I have never been to Nashville and I have no idea where to stay. What is a good area? Where is a good hotel? They want to see the Grand Ole Opry and places like that. I prefer to stay at the hotel and drink. Any ideas are very much appreciated.


Thank you.



2 Germans, 1st time in USA - where to stay, eat...


Hi Boser.



I am Scottish and have been to Nashville 5 times, and like you I enjoy the odd beer. i dont know what kind of budget you are on but a very good hotel is the Hilton suites downtown and you will be next to some great bars and you will also get loads of information on the things to do in Nashville. I love the people there and always feel very welcome. The saying of southern hospitality is not a mith they are lovely people so you go and have a great time and let us know how you got on.



Billy.



2 Germans, 1st time in USA - where to stay, eat...


I usually pick hotel for location and view.



The rennasiance and sheraton are high rise hotels with an amazing view.



I read that the sheraton has poor customer service and the rennasiance has paper thin walls where you can hear noisy people next door, but who knows.



If you do stay there, get a room facing north so you can see the capitol, or west to see the sunset.





Just stay in the downtown area or on west end next to vanderbilt. Opryland is 5 miles away from the action.




Hi,


Stayed at the Renaissance a month ago - we found it to be a great hotel with great views, and great service. I had read the same thing about the thin walls but found there was no problem. There%26#39;s a restaurant near the Opry that has an aquarium that was surprisingly good(we thought it would be bad due to its family friendly motiff). We also went to a tapa place near Vanderbilt that was quite good, don%26#39;t remember the name.




Boser, A must for any German coming to Tennessee is a trip to Lynchburg for a tour of the Jack Daniel%26#39;s distillery.





The downtown Hilton is really nice, but high and no free internet access. Don%26#39;t go to Eddie%26#39;s sports bar the food is sorry. You might look into the Doubletree only 4-5 blocks off Broadway.







Have fun.




Thank you everyone for your trip tips.


I appreciate it very much.


Thanks again,


Boser


  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment