Friday, April 9, 2010

homemade quilts?

I want to buy my mother a handmade quilt for christmas and am going to be in gatlinburg for a weekend, any ideas the best place to start looking



homemade quilts?


What a nice idea. I am sure there are many of the regular poasters that can help you more than me, but I%26#39;ll share what I know.



There is a shop in the Arts and Crafts Community called: Mountain Stitches by Susan. I have not been there but it says that she makes all the quilts in her shop. Go to: http://www.artsandcraftscommunity.com/ for more information.





I believe there is a place out in Cosby too.





I know there are shops in downtown Gatlinburg that have quilts but I do not know if they are handmade.





In Townsend, at the Visitor Center they frequently have quilts by a woman named Joyce Jarman. She is probably local. If you call the Visitor Center at: 865-448-6134 or 800-525-6834 they might be able to help you find her. There used to be (haven%26#39;t seen it lately) a woman who sold quilts on 321 right outside of Townsend, hanging on a line. Maybe that is Joyce, I do not know. Hope that helps some.



Heidi



No comments:

Post a Comment