Sunday, April 4, 2010

train from memphis

Is there safe long-term parking at Amtrak in Memphis? Or should we make other arrangements? Thanks!



train from memphis


There is parking outside the station but I wouldn%26#39;t call it safe, although when I was there, there were lots of police cars parked in the carpark.



The area around the station didn%26#39;t look too good to me. I certainly wouldn%26#39;t want to walk around there.



The Amtrak station is just a small uncomfortable waiting room with a VERY unfriendly woman on the desk (August 2005). We were stuck there for some hours waiting for the Chicago train and there was no cafe, just wooden benches, and 1 locked bathroom.



I would arrange to leave your car downtown in Memphis somewhere and cab out to the station if I were you.



train from memphis


I did a mapquest from Memphis Int%26#39;l Airport to Amtrak, it is about 12 miles. Maybe we will park at the airport long term parking and take a taxi to the train. Upon returning to Memphis via train, will we be able to get a taxi easily to go back to airport?

No comments:

Post a Comment