Friday, April 9, 2010

Favorite Souvenir

What is the one thing you buy as a souvenir?





Everywhere I go I buy a small print and have it framed when I get home. My computer room is quite small and the walls are getting filled up with pictures of places we%26#39;ve been. I love them and enjoy looking at them and they bring back memories.



Favorite Souvenir


I love Christmas Ornaments. I have them from everywhere we have been.



Favorite Souvenir


Msparkyace, that%26#39;s a wonderful idea! Pictures are the best way to keep the memory alive. I have started getting magnets with pictures of the places we have visited. They are small, but still have pictures to remember the places by. The disadvantage, though, is that they must go on the fridge, which gets cluttered after a while. Maybe I should get some of that paint to paint the wall with that holds magnets. Then I could switch my magnets to my extra bedroom where the computer is. I have heard it is very expensive, though...




I collect shot glasses and everywhere I go I always buy a few. I think I have about 10 different ones just from Gatlinburg alone. I have shelves in my kitchen from the floor to the ceiling and they are full. I also collect Santa Clauses especially the Old World type.I also have a collection of wolves. I have bought several from the Smokies. I know this sounds kind of odd but I just like wolves.I have several framed prints of wolves in my living room.




I had alot of Lee Roberson%26#39;s prints but lost most of them in the flood. I am gonna have to start buying more!!!! I also take the kids to the Christmas place in PF and let them pic an ornament every year. I date it and put it in a box for them. When they grow up they will have all of them to take when they move out!!




Ah, yes! The %26#39;new dated Christmas ornament every year%26#39; thing... This is my 25th year doing that. My first year consisted of ornaments given to me when I married (a month before Christmas) and then I started buying them myself after that. I bought all three of my girls a very special baby ornament the years they were born with the promise that when they grew up and left home and began having Christmas of their own, they could have their respective ornaments to keep. The problem is that now that the first is grown and gone and the second is almost there herself, I find I am having trouble letting go! After all, I have had them on my tree for close to 25 years and my tree wouldn%26#39;t be the same without them. I%26#39;m working on it and my oldest has been very sweet, understanding my sentimentality! So the lesson here for anyone else that is doing that is to make no promises!!



I have been to the Christmas shop in PF and I loved it! I won%26#39;t be there this trip, though. My husband and I are going to try our best to be tied up in as little traffic as possible! It will make for a much happier weekend since my husband doesn%26#39;t handle sitting in traffic with much patience very well!!!




With me it%26#39;s stuffed black bears. Some small wood carvings ( chainsaw ) and any little figurine of black bears. I like woodsy things. I can%26#39;t help myself. But I also like the christmas ornaments. I Love , Love , Love the christmas stores. That%26#39;s where I get in trouble with my husband. As we%26#39;ve been packing to move. My husband finally realized how much holiday stuff I have. ( I usually try and sneak it by him ) LOL. He told me I could open up a christmas store with all the stuff I have bought over the years. But it%26#39;s not just christmas. You see in a few weeks I will be 44 and I am a big kid at heart when it comes to the holidays ALL holidays. I guess it has to do with my parents making them the most special times of the year. Now I am a grandmother. And I try to make it specail for my grandchildren like I did my own Children. Sorry I veered of course. But all of those things that bring back memories of the smokies and child hood experiences are good.







gatlinburglover



Vickie




Good Morning vickie,


You said you were packing to move? Does that mean that your house has finally sold? I know you are so looking forward to life in the Smokies and I hope someday to be there also. It grows on you and when you leave you just have this empty, sick feeling inside. I wish you and your husband the best of luck. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving in advance.




My Husband always buys me something at the Thomas Kinkade Art Gallery when we visit Gatlinburg. I always take lots of pictures while on vacation and make a scrapbook when I get home. I%26#39;m starting to collect boyds bears from Pigeon Forge now.




Well Brenda2...... We had a bite on the house. Turns out they can%26#39;t afford it. We are so heart broken. We have it for sale by owner. We had an agent who was looking for these people. She is extremely nice and fell in love with our house. She thought it would be the perfect house for these people. She was so disappointed. She felt so bad she said she would continue to try and find us a buyer anyway. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and your fingers crossed for us. I wanted to be there for the holidays. I want to give you my e-mail address. Maybe one day when we both make it there you and I can go and have a nice cup of coffee and laugh about this whole thing. My husband is so upset. He thought this was it! well anyway....my e-mail address is purplebutterfly38105@yahoo.com I look forward to hearing from you. And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well. Thank you so much for your consern for us.





Vickie




P.S





Yeah we started packing because we have so much to pack. Maybe it will all work out









gatlinburglover



Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment