Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Gatlinburg Thanksgiving

My family and I had a wonderful time in G';Burg for Thanksgiving this year. We ate some great food at Bennett%26#39;s for Thanksgiving dinner; also we ate at Huck Finn%26#39;s in P.F. Also awesome food! Big crowds but a lot of fun. Traffic was awful, but we know some shortcuts, so not too bad. How did everyone else%26#39;s Thanksgiving go?



A Gatlinburg Thanksgiving


The usual for me. At home, which is what I enjoy best. Cooking ALL day Wednesday and Thursday for the Thanksgiving feast, which is very exhausting, but I love having the traditional feast. Then having leftovers for two more days, which I love because I have a break from cooking after all that work the two days before! Boring, maybe, but I love the family time with everyone at home!



A Gatlinburg Thanksgiving


My son was home from college for the first time in 4 monthes so for me, it was nice.


Kinda low key and just eating, relaxing, eating, shopping,eating, seeing movies, eating,eating, eating,


You get the idea.



When my son is home, I can cook cuz otherwise, the younger kids don%26#39;t like alot, so he is fun to cook for!



Hope everyones was nice!




My wife and I had been to Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving two years ago and really enjoyed it, so this time her mother and father and the rest of the gang went. Her mother loved it because she has probably cooked every Thanksgiving dinner they had for over 50 years. So it was quite a treat for her to be waited on for a change. I think she%26#39;ll probably want to go back next year too!




We had Thanksgiving at home and left Monday for Gatlinburg, we are here now and will be staying for the Christmas parade Friday and leaving Sat. for home.





Great time to come, no crowds or traffic.





We used to come the Friday after Thanksgiving, but that weekend is REALLY busy.




I%26#39;ll second lovegb%26#39;s comment. We arrived Monday after Thanksgiving too and it was great not to have ANY traffic or lines to deal with.





We had Thanksgiving at our cabin GrandView last year, while laying the new floors and adding onto the deck. Kind of hectic trying to cook a big meal with all that going on, but it was a fun adventure. This year we rented our cabins to guests, so we stayed home in Michigan.





A very cold and snowy Thanksgiving! I cooked for two days (then rested the next two LOL). I did miss being in the mountains for Thanksgiving, but it%26#39;s all about being with those you love so we enjoyed our long weekend at home just the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment